Your Privacy Choices
First Affiliated is committed to the strictest of confidentiality and privacy ethics. Every member of our team adheres to these values in every aspect of our business.
Privacy Statement and Consent
First Affiliated values your business and we appreciate your confidence in choosing First Affiliated to assist you with the management of your financial affairs. As our client, you trust us with your personal information. We respect that trust and want you to be aware of our commitment to protect the information you share in the course of doing business with us.
Your Rights as They Pertain to Your Personal Information
You Have The Right:
- To know why First Affiliated collects, uses or discloses your personal information.
- To expect First Affiliated to handle your information reasonably and to not use it for any purpose other than the one to which you consented.
- To know whom in First Affiliated is responsible for protecting your information.
- To expect First Affiliated to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure.
- To inspect the information First Affiliated holds about you and make sure it is accurate, complete and current.
- To expect First Affiliated to destroy your information when requested or when no longer required for the intended purpose.
- To confidentially complain to First Affiliated about how it handles your information and to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, if need be.
How We Collect, Use and Disclose Your Information
When you do business with us, you share personal information so that we may provide you with services, solutions and products that best meet your needs. We assume you consent for First Affiliated use this information in an appropriate manner. We may use and disclose this information in order to:
- Communicate with you in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assess your financial and personal situation for investment, tax, risk management and other services available to you by First Affiliated.
- Detect and prevent fraud.
- Analyze business results.
- Act as required or authorized by law.
- Meet regulatory requirements of self regulated organizations who may supervise securities, compliance activities and trading.
- Communicate financial matters with other organizations confirmed to be within our working relationship.
What We Will NOT Do With Your Information
We do not sell client information to anyone. Nor do we share client information with organizations outside of our relationship with you that would use it to contact you about their own products or services.
We Strive to Protect Your Personal Information
All employees, associated advisors and suppliers who are granted access to client records understand the need to keep this information protected and confidential. They know they are to use the information only for the purposes intended. This expectation is clearly communicated. We’ve also established physical and systems safeguards, along with proper processes, to protect client information from unauthorized access or use.
Your Privacy Choices
You may withdraw your consent at any time (subject to legal or contractual obligations and on providing us reasonable notice) by contacting our Privacy Officer. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with requested products or services. We may occasionally use your personal information to advise you of products or services provided by outside parties that we believe may be of interest to you or fit your personal circumstances. If you would rather not receive this type of communication, please advise our Privacy Officer.
Our Privacy Officer is:
Suite #302 – 115 Hurontario Street,
Collingwood, Ontario, Canada
Tel: (705) 445-7444
Fax: (705) 445-0143